|This wiki is closed and NOT maintained! The up-to-date PPI wiki can be found at https://wiki.pp-international.net|
The Pirate Parties International calls for offers of hosting the annual conference.
- The deadline for sending in the offers is December 4, 2012.
- The conference should take place in March or April 2012.
Completed offers as well as additional questions can be sent to the PPI board <email@example.com> and will be published on this page. The board will announce it's decision after the deadline will have expired.
- 1 Requirements
- 2 Template
- 3 Offers
- 3.1 PPI Conference offer proposed by the Czech Pirate Party
- 3.2 PPI Conference offer proposed by the Pirate Party of Russia
- 4 ADDITIONAL TEXT
- 5 F.A.Q.
This is required from the offers. You can always add more information to your offer!
- Conference will take place on a week-end.
- It will last for 2 days (Saturday/Sunday).
- The first day (or most of it) will be reserved for speeches/presentations/socializing.
- List of dates the conference can take place
- Social events planned on Friday and/or Saturday evening
Offering Pirate Party
- Your party does not need to be a member of the PPI.
- Countries from every continent can deposit an offer.
- Regional or local parties can deposit an offer.
- Name of the Pirate Party planning the conference
- Easily accessible via public transportation
- International airport and train station nearby (International guests have to be able to reach the location of the conference without too much trouble. We don't necessarily require an international airport right next to the venue, but the nearest airport should at least be connected to an international hub, so that international guests don't have to change planes too often.)
- Address must be found by GPS/Navi
- Parking nearby
- Size: place for 100-150 people
- Chairs for 100-150 people
- Tables for the majority of the people
- Access possible for disabled persons
- Sound: at least 3-5 Microphones, Speakers, Mixer, Sound-Operator. Microphones must be able to be used by the audience.
- Video: beamer/screen necessary, must be big enough to read from the last rows of the venue
- Electricity: must handle beamer, light, and use of laptops of the majority of the guests. Plugs available for a majority of the seats.
- Internet access for all guests. Must be reliable and fast enough for streaming.
- Streaming: audio streaming of the entire "official" part of the conference is a must, video streaming highly suggested.
- Catering is not a must. However information on local restaurants/malls is a minimum.
- Address of the venue
- Distance (km) and time of the closes train station and airport
- Size of the venue (people, m^2)
- Number of chairs and tables
- Access for disabled persons?
- Details on the sound equipment
- Details on the video equipment
- Details on the electricity setup
- Details on the Internet setup
- Details on the streaming setup
- Possibility to put up signs on public places with directions around the venue
- Pictures of the venue
- Stage in venue
- 1-2 extra rooms (e.g. for press, organization team)
- Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters)
- A lot of plugs
- Video streaming possible (big bonus), including beamer content
- Many journalists present
- One local project leader, easily reachable by phone/e-mail/jabber/SIP.
- Team of at least 10 people dedicated to plan the conference
- Team of at least 20-25 people over the week-end at the location
- Contact data of the project leader
- Size of the planning team
- Size of the team at the location
- The more people the better.
- No limit (Offers should include any form of funding that can be provided: support by the authorities, third parties, regional funding etc. At the end we will decide on an offer also based on how realistic it is that we can get the budget, so the more funding possibilities you offer the better the chance are for your offer to be successful.)
- Approx. costs of the conference (total and summary detail)
- Funding possibilities (e.g. local/regional/national funding by the authorities or private organizations)
- Additional funding concept (like possible sponsors, public funds that can be used, etc.)
- Hotels/hostels nearby
- Possibility of staying overnight at the venue
- Approx. number of hostels/hotels near venue
- Approx. costs for accommodation
- Transport hotel/hostel to venue
- Approx. living costs in the city of the venue
You can use this template to sent in your offer. You can add to or modify the template if you have additional details about your offer.
DATE Date of the conference: (can be a list of alternatives) OFFERING PIRATE PARTY Your name: (Pirate Party) PLACE Address of the venue: Distance and time to the closest train station and airport: Size of the venue (people, m^2): Number of chairs and tables available: Access for disabled persons: Yes/No Details on the sound equipment: Details on the video equipment: Details on the electricity setup: Details on the Internet setup: Details on the streaming setup: Wardrobe: Yes/No 1-2 extra rooms: Yes/No Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters): Yes/No Catering: TEAM Contact data of the project leader: (name), (e-mail address), (telephone number), (JabberID), (SIP address) Size of the planning team: Size of the team at the location: BUDGET Approx. costs of the conference: (total and summary detail) Funding possibilities: Additional funding concepts: ACCOMMODATION Approx. number of hostels/hotels near venue: Approx. costs for accommodation for 2-3 days: Approx. living costs in the city of the venue for the time of the conference:
PPI Conference offer proposed by the Czech Pirate Party
Possible dates the conference can take place:
March 10th--11th 2012 March 24th--25th 2012 April 14th--15th 2012
There are other vacant dates for the time being but we felt these three gave us enough space to work with and we deemed booking more unnecessary. (We can arrange February dates as well if there is a need for an earlier conference).
Since the event shall take place in Prague, there are many places a social event can take place at -- we are certain we will arrange a party for both Friday and Saturday evening, it seems pointless to go asking around for possible party spots at this time.
Offering Pirate Party
The Czech Pirate Party
The place we chose for this event is called Hub Prague and is situated at 'Drtinova 557/10, Smíchov, Praha, 15000, Česká republika' just a ten minute walk from Anděl metro station, pretty much in the city centre.
The Hub includes a big open-space hall (for 150 poople), 3 conference rooms for 20 people (press, organization team, etc.), a lounge, a terrace, and a bar. There is also another room for at least 50 people currently under reconstruction that we can rent on top of everything else if we need to. We will be provided with a bartender and another helper for anything we might need (technical support, printing etc). One of the Hub's principles is to make everybody feel as much at home as possible so decorating the place with Pirate props will not be a problem. We are capable of creating worldwide media impact (http://tinyurl.com/3clq9cz) and we will get decent press coverage from Czech media.
Hub is a large shared workspace combining advantages of a professional office, an internet café and a business incubator. Freelancers, independent professionals, startups, NGOs, and business people use it as a coworking space. They come to work while making new contacts, getting inputs, ideas, and developing new opportunities. Hub Praha is a part of an international network of 30 Hubs on all continents.
Hub is here to make the innovation happen. For that, it provides space for meetings and holds events. Moreover, Hub users get systematically connected among each other, with specialists or potential partners. Hub is not limited to specific professions -- we believe in power of diversity and welcome everyone who is open, fair, and adheres to ethic principles. Innovative, creative, and socially or environmentally beneficial activities or ideas are most welcome. We gladly help those to grow into thriving projects. We also run a club for companies helping this kind of initiatives.
You can find many photos and videos concerning the Hub and events that take place there along with some further info about the Hub at http://prague.the-hub.net/public/, especially in sections "space" and "video".
- The Hub is well accessible by public transportation -- a slow ten minute walk from the closest subway station.
- The closest train station is about 1 km away.
- The Prague international airport is about 25 minutes away by car, 40 minutes by public transportation.
- Place can be easily found by GPS/Navi.
- Parking is available either in front of the Hub on Drtinova street or in a shopping mall 5 minutes away by foot.
- There is enough space for 100--150 people (circa 200 m^2).
- There are enough chairs and tables for 100--150 people.
- Access for disabled persons is possible.
- Sound system consisting of microphones, speakers, mixer, and a sound-operator is taken care of by the Hub's staff and is completely at our disposal.
- A video projector and a screen is also taken care of by the Hub and is set up for crowded lectures and large media events -- legibility is not a problem.
- Facilities are neat and easy to find.
- The electric grid is used to big events, 50 laptops are regularly running in hub at the same time. Plugs for all the seats are not a problem.
- Internet access is sufficient for all guests and streaming can be easilly arranged. There is WiFi available for everybody.
- We will provide both audio and video streaming, we have already streamed some of our events. We will have two cameras, one static (board) and one focusable (audience).
- The Hub is able to provide catering, we can also prepare a list of nearby restaurants.
Contact data of the project leader:
Name: Tom Vymazal E-mail/XMPP: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +420 774 363 736
Size of the planning team:
11 people: Tomáš Vymazal -- coordinator Mikuláš Ferjenčík -- location details Jakub Michálek -- press Vít Hnilica -- accommodation of couchsurfing Pirates Víťa Praks -- printing decorational materials Ondřej Profant -- chief of local volunteers Ondřej Kallasch -- helper Lukáš Findeis -- helper Ivan Bartoš -- backing the project on the PP-CZ leadership level Michaela Krausová -- helper Roman Kučera -- helper
Size of the team at the location:
25 people: Planning team + volunteers from Prague Pirate squad (cca 40 people) + 2 people from the location owners.
Approximate costs of the event:
- Rent: 20.000 CZK / 800 EUR + optional 7.000 CZK / 270 EUR a day for an extra room if we want to separate board elections from the openspace part, not necessary, allows up to 250 people to participate in the conference)
- Decorations, printing, etc. -- 1.000 CZK / 40 EUR
- Reserve for unexpected expenditures -- 4.000 CZK / 160 EUR
Total costs: 25.000 CZK / 1.000 EUR
- Catering can be arranged for about 8 EUR per participant per day if desired.
- We can cover the rent and all the necessary expenses (without catering) with just about 15 EUR per person.
- So there is an option to fund part of travel expenses of participants from other continents through the conference fee (We would raise about 2.000 EUR this way if the conference fee was 35 EUR like last time)
- Czech Pirate Party can provide extra 400 EUR for the conference
- We also ask other Pirate Parties (most notably PP-DE) and foreign Pirates to sponsor visitors from a long distance.
- Also resources of the PPI can be used for this purpose.
- Approximate number of hostels/hotels near venue: Prague enables to host almost unlimited amount of visitors. We can host at least 30 couchsurfers by the Prague Pirates.
- Approximate costs for accommodation for 2--3 days: 0 for couchsurfers, hostels start at 10 EUR a day.
- Approximate living costs in the city of the venue for the time of the conference: A dinner in a restaurant costs about 10 EUR a person (a glass of beer starts at 1 EUR)
- A Day Ticket for public transportation costs about 5 EUR.
- PP-CZ is a well established Pirate Party with a consistent support of about 1 % of voters, our party conferences have 100 attendees -- we have experience with three events of this size already.
- We hosted a rather successful central European Pirate conference - http://www.pirati.cz/wiki/en:zo:docs:minutes
- We will have regional elections later in the year 2012 and this could be the kick-start of our campaign.
- Holding the conference in Prague will allow most Pirate Parties to attend the conference, we aim to beat Friedrichshafen in the number of the Pirate Parties present.
- Prague is beautiful and Czech beer is the best in the world.
PPI Conference offer proposed by the Pirate Party of Russia
Date of the conference: general date (April 27th - 29th 2012 - ship), any other date - in the land
OFFERING PIRATE PARTY
Your name: Pirate Party of Russia
Motor ship «Georgy Zhukov». We can make a cruise on the Volga-river Nizhniy Novgorod - Kazan - Nizhniy Novgorod, for example Address of the venue: Nizhniy Novgorod, Markin square, 15 Distance and time to the closest train station and airport: train station - near 3km, airport - near 15km. Size of the venue (people, m^2): conference hall - 150 seats, other halls 20, 24, 90, 110 seats Number of chairs and tables available: 300 chairs, 50 tables Access for disabled persons: Yes Details on the sound equipment: microphones, speakers, mixer Details on the video equipment: video projector and a screen Details on the Internet setup: wired connections and WiFi are availible Details on the streaming setup: we have possibility to make a video and audio stream Wardrobe: Yes 1-2 extra rooms: Yes Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters): Yes Catering: yes Accommodation: 2 luxory rooms 15 single rooms 43 twin or double rooms 49 twin rooms 31Triple rooms
Contact data of the project leader: (name), (e-mail address), (telephone number), (JabberID), (SIP address) Aleksandr Sudakov Stanislav Shakirov Size of the planning team: 20 member from Nizhniy Novgorod's department of Pirate Party Size of the team at the location: 25 member from Nizhniy Novgorod department and Moscow department of Pirate Party
Approx. costs of the conference: rent - 12000 euro. Catering 28 euro/day In this budget includes accommodation all delegates and journalist. Funding possibilities: We can rent ship (with accommodation) with just about 80 euro per person from 150 delegates or 120 euro per person from 100 delegates.
Date of the conference: general date (April 27th - 29th 2012 - motor ship), any other date - possibility to organize the conference on the land
OFFERING PIRATE PARTY
Pirate Party of Russia
Motor ship «Georgy Zhukov». Cruise on the Volga-river Nizhniy Novgorod - Kazan - Nizhniy Novgorod (capacity 250 people) Address of the venue: Nizhniy Novgorod, Markin square, 15 Distance and time to the closest train station and airport: train station "Moscow Station of Nizhniy Novgorod" - 3km, airport of Nizhniy Novgorod - 15km. Size of the venue (people, m^2): conference hall - 150 seats, other halls 20, 24, 90, 110 seats Number of chairs and tables available: 300 chairs, 50 tables Access for disabled persons: Yes Microphones, speakers, mixer - Yes Video projector and a screen - Yes Internet wired connections and WiFi are availible We have possibility to make a video and audio stream Wardrobe: Yes 1-2 extra rooms (e.g. for press, organization team): Yes Possibility to decorate (e.g. flags, posters): Yes Catering: yes, Full Board 28 EU/per person/day possibility to bring the alcohol and sell it at cost prices
Contact data of the project leader: (phone numbers and email deleted) Aleksandr Sudakov Stanislav Shakirov
Planning team: 20 members Tteam at the location: 25 members from Nizhniy Novgorod and Federal Convent of Pirate Party of Russia
Approx. costs of the conference: rent of the motor ship - 12.000 EU. This price includes accommodation of all delegates and journalists. Funding possibilities: 80 EU per person including 2 nights accommodation in case of 150 delegates, 120 euro per person if 100 delegates attend the conference.
2 luxory rooms 15 single rooms 43 twin or double rooms 49 twin rooms 31 triple rooms
Accommodation at the ship, no need to book hotel
If you want to spend more than just a weekend in Nizhniy Novgorod - hotels starting from 25 EU/per person/night; Moscow - starting from 20 EU/per person/night.
PPI Conference offer proposed by the Pirate Party of Tunisia
Hello PP Tunisia here, we've been working hard for this at least to give back to PPs what they gave us in term of support(*) during the Tunisian revolution (the main vector that started the so called "Arab Spring"). Anyway we can handle the conference and we have the manpower (men/women) to do it, it's however still unclear for the hotel accomodation. What we want to say is we probably could host about a thousand prirates for free in our network (upscale couchsurfing guaranteed to european standards and plus) but we've got no serious offer for hotel etc. hotel could be easily booked per attendee. We kind of feel ashamed we couldn't get this straight since we seriously would love to set the pirate trend in the area (MENA/Africa) and we could do it. The party in tunisia is actually kicking but authorities are still the same that we had in Ben Ali's dictatorship and they are blocking us.
Anyway this long ema serves mostly for a point PP-tn is making a promise that itwill host the first GA in an arab/african country. If you feel dedicated to make it happen let us now and it will happen. We are ready to host, secure, accomodate any Pirate from anywhere and anytime in Tunisia no matter what. Regarding the GA the authorities in place are squeezing every inch of creativity or freedom we secured by being involved in the Tunisian revolution from day 1 (actually day minus a couple of years). I repeat this doesn't mean it can't be done if the hotel fees are taking for.
All in all we insist on extanding our sincere thanks to you Pirates, Tunisia and its pirates *will* continue the lead in the area and will rise the pirate flag anytime, get in touch to be informed, we are ground, grassroot, accomplishers, we don't talk we do with whatever available (~legal)mean we have and we're not done yet!
All respects and regards, -foetus PP Tunisia Partipirate-tunisie.org Partipirate.net Fb.com/partipirate
Here we collect some questions and answers that were asked to the PPI board concerning the conference offers (summarized and anonymous).