PPI Conference 2017 - General Assembly by Video: Saturday, November 25th and Sunday, November 26th, 2017 - PPI_Conference_2017
Board meeting Monday, 20. November 2017 14:00 CET - Draft Agenda Videotool, just log in: https://zoom.us/j/follows

PPI Minutes 2017 10 23

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [23/10/2017 21:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording:
Video: https://zoom.us/j/621248460

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Ray, Koen (arrived 15 minutes late)
excused: Guillaume
unexcused: Nikolay

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating: Kitty Hundal, Zach, Roland
Bastian (Pad only)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 21:03 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Keith and Thomas
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: 21:03
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
Guillaumes vote goes to Bailey
No transfer of vote for Nikolay
Koen arrived late with a weak internet connection. If his internet goes down

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_10_12

YES: Thomas, Keith, Bailey, Ray NO: - ABSTENTIONS: -

Minutes are approved.


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: -
  • Bailey: Membership meeting on Saturday. Went well though only a few participants.

Isabel's idea of global action about copyright reform bill in Europe this November.

  • Keith: Media and Democracy Institute Proposal submitted, mail for speakers for TT3, exploring additional research and conference grants
  • Koen: Does not have a working internet connection. (Arrived 15 minutes late.) Wrote Pirate Times articles about PPCZ victory
  • Nikolay: -
  • Raymond: Business as usual. Been working on planning the General Assembly with our board colleagues.
  • Thomas:
Nothing to report, had been busy with PPDE stuff
  • Alternates:
  • Patrick: -
  • Adam: -
  • Gregory: -
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!


5 - General Assembly 2017 - Geneva

  • Invitation is sent out.
PP-leaders email sent through the email of Thomas Gaul, from his PPDE account.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone and hope it will be a success.
Delegates/leaders/international coordinators should send us their emails to sign up. All contacts had been in BCC
Thomas is in charge of setting up a Doodle or meeting time.

6 - TT3

  • Democracy and Media Foundation
Call for speakers email
https://think-twice.co/register-talk
Koen has been working on developing tools for the website.

7 Czech Elections

Koen went for the election and provided his experience.
It was a very exciting experience, as the Czech party won over 10% of the vote in exciting fashion.
All 22 Pirates (PP-CZ)
https://www.volby.cz/pls/ps2017/ps111?xjazyk=CZ&xkraj=0&xstrana=15&xv=2&xt=1
We also made an announcement on our website to commemorate the event and congratulate them: http://pirate-parties.net/2017/10/congratulations-czech-pirate-party/


8 - Finances

  • Finances that we will use for the GA
We should also get an update from PP-CH about the amount of funding that they will also contribute for the event.
At this point in time we have about 2,200 euros in our bank account. Some of these funds will go to our IT solutions.
We will be renting a meeting space in Geneva, which will cost money.
The board members have financed their travel, and it would be great if there would be some funding to assist their spending which is often solely from their personal expenses.
It is suggested as a voting solution that we spend 49 and 99 dollars for Discourse and an online voting platform.
Thomas and Guillaume will coordinate with Keith about the financial situation before the next board meeting.
Our finances are primarily from member fees, and as a result we have very limited funds.
We have debt payments to PPNO. We set up a repayment plan, but I have not received confirmation. We should follow up with that with the cashiers from PPCZ. It will be put on the agenda of the

9 - Research

nothing today

10 - Monthly Coordinators Meeting

already covered in the reports, more people are asked to join it

11 AOB - Any other business

  • Security Conference (Munich) assistance
alexander.kohler@piratenpartei.de

Next conference is in February, just after (the week after) the Munich Security conference. It has relevant issues for Pirates, and we should support this conference. The Munich Security conference is a highly decorated conference, and our conference is an important side conference of this larger event.

Internet Governance Conference, CCC Conference in Leipzig, Germany (Koen and Ray will be attending, they are looking for accomodation if anyone can help).
  • I added Bailey to our list of ECOSOC contacts.
  • Videos

Reediting videos from our prior TT conference and use it as a teaser for TT3 I am working still on the opening and closing video, which I will try to handle by the next meeting. Roland has been assisting with that.

  • Tools
  • Selection of voting tools
  • Does the board agree that the GA Committee (Thomas, Ray, and Keith) will decide on setting up the voting tools for the GA? They will work on this issue and preparing the voting tools.
  • Unaninimous thumbs up approval.


===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-11-05 08:00 CET (07:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 22:13 CEST (20:13 UTC)